what is the value of studying abroad : “Cross-cultural learning and studying abroad can be transformative.”
– Ms. Amal Clooney, Lebanese-British Barrister
According to a source, about 10 lac Indian students were studying in foreign countries as of January 2021. Going overseas for studies for Indian students is an old phenomenon and has been the trend for decades. Some prominent destinations for studying abroad are the US, the UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and some European countries like Germany and France. The Value of Studying Abroad
As mentioned above, Indian students going abroad for studies has been the scenario for decades in India of which many Indian students do exceptionally well and have done wonders in their careers both overseas and India post their completion of studies abroad.
To name a few Indians who have leveraged studies and excelled abroad
To mention some of the famous Indians who have excelled abroad are Thomas Kurian (Google Cloud), Amartya Sen, Sundar Pichai (Google), Indra Nooyi (PepsiCo), Satya Nadella (Microsoft), Rakesh Gangwal (US Airways), Shatanu Narayan (Adobe), Dinesh Paliwal (Harman International), Vikram Pandit (CitiBank), Vinod Khosla (Sun Microsystems), Vinod Dham (Intel), Anshu Jain (Deutsche Bank) some of them did their graduation in India and went abroad for post-graduation.
what is the value of studying abroad
Some of the values and benefits of studying abroad
- A global exposure. Travelling and studying abroad opens the mind to new horizons. You are exposed to more significant and more unique opportunities.
- Quality education. Education abroad can be of global perspective, especially where there are international students from different countries.
- Global acceptance of the international course. Carrying your international course certificate can walk you through the life of opportunities in your career.
- The world becomes a career platform, which can also increase your international job, work or business prospects.
- Broaden job and work opportunities. You could switch or move to new cities and countries where better opportunities take you. You get a broader base and platform to kick start your career.
- Easier to settle in a country or work in other countries in the future. Studying abroad helps in settling down in that country or elsewhere over time.
- Personal development. International exposure and communication with people from different backgrounds, cultures and skill-sets, help in your personal development.
- Enhanced language skills. You are able to communicate better and you become a global citizen.
- An opportunity to see the world leveraging Study Abroad. Studies, qualifications and international exposure can indeed take you places.
- It makes your Resume / CV look impressive. An international course program on your Resume / CV, makes the world your place to apply and seek a job or work.
- Meet and experience a diverse range of people and cultures. You make global contacts and connections.
- It increases your confidence especially in being independent. It will boost your self-assurance and self-reliance to a new dimension.
- You value your own home and culture. When you travel abroad, you also release your home values and culture. You understand these better and follow them even more closely.
Every parent wants the best for their child. And many parents seek their wards to study abroad, and many have worrying concerns about sending them abroad. To get the best advice, contact UniXperts experienced consultants to get transparent and complete information about Study Abroad options. To speak to a consultant or to book an appointment.