Here’s Why you should choose Studying in Australia, post Covid – 19.
Australia has spread the good news of opening the borders for international students and facilitating them with work visa extensions, Part time work hour relaxations & with many other benefits. Australia is a safe and welcoming place to live and study, consistently ranking among the safest countries in the world.
Australia is Safe and Welcoming:
Australia’s borders are open to fully vaccinated international students and Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa holders. International students are an important part of the Australian community, and Australia is excited to welcome them back to classrooms, campuses and communities.
Recent Updates for International Students:
- Relaxation of working hours for student visa holders: There is a temporary relaxation of student visa work limits to all sectors of the economy. This takes effect immediately for all ongoing students as well as new student arrivals who wish to commence a job prior to course commencement. This means that international students can work before their course commences and work more than 40 hours a fortnight in any sector of the economy. This work limit relaxation is applicable till June 2023.
- Students can work more than 40 hours per fortnight.
- Students can seek employment before the start of their classes.
- Students are still required to maintain course enrollment.
- Students must ensure satisfactory course attendance, and course progress, in compliance with their visa requirements.
- The relaxation of working hours was a temporary arrangement and will be reviewed by the Government.
- Student visa holders who fail meet the VISA requirements like – cancel their enrollment, stop attending classes, may result in a breach in their visa.
- Post-Study Work Stream Visa (485): Up to 6 years of post-study work rights*
Australia is a Hub to many top Universities and Reasons to study in Australia:
- Have six of the world’s top 100 universities.
- One of the best higher education systems in the world.
- Seven of the best student cities in the world are in Australia.
- The Australian Government has invested more than A$300 million in scholarships for international students.
- Study at globally ranked institutions
- Australian Universities provide best study areas like accountancy, architecture, biomedical engineering, computer science and information technology, psychology and tourism and hospitality management.
- Gain work experience while you study
- More than 2.5 million of our international alumni are making a global difference.
- Extensive student support services
Most of the Australian Universities Facilitating International Students: Australian Universities are now focused on connecting the dots of what was missed in the last 2 years and offer the academic life as desired and required by aspirants of international education. Australian Universities are committed to ensuring the health and safety of our students, staff and University community and are fully committed to safely operating the campuses and facilities and providing international students with the campus experience that they deserve and also continue to tailor learning experiences for each course to students to support the learning and technology needs, safety and well-being that support our community and successfully blend the approaches to learning, working and research.
COVID-19 Student Support:
- Health and Wellbeing – Information and services to help you stay physically, mentally and emotionally healthy.
- Accommodation and Housing – Latest information regarding accommodation and housing support in Australia
- Welfare support – Information on student welfare support, including state and territory programs.
- Counselling – Free and confidential counselling is available for all students in Australia.
- Career Services – Career Services for Students and Graduates
There are many scholarships & bursaries which can help support you financially with your studies in Australia. Australian Government has made a range of study and research awards available to International Students in the Asia Pacific region, including India, under the Australian Scholarships Program. These scholarships were offered by the Australian Government, education providers, and a number of other public and private organizations.
As per the stats, for 2022, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) offered 2,075 Australia Awards scholarships and short courses to individuals from 27 developing countries at an estimated costs of $200 million.
Post Study Work Rights:
More reasons to study in Australia, important Update on Post-Study Work (PSW) VISA for Students! –
Australia now offers up to 6 years* of post-study work rights, great news for students planning to study in Australia!
If you have been planning to study in Australia, now you can enjoy extended post-study work rights in Australian regional areas and live your dream.
The Australian Government is expanding its support to students through a number of additional measures: Increase the stay period for master’s by coursework graduates, on a permanent basis
New updates on Post-Study Work Stream Visa (485):
Students can apply for this visa immediately upon successful completion of their course. This PSW (485) offered by the Australian Government, is applicable for bachelors, masters (coursework & research), and doctoral level students. According to 485 post-study work stream visa, students can work in any field or job and have multiple entry rights to and from Australia.
Students who completed their graduation in main cities like Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane can work three years and Doctoral students can work for four years. With the new regulations, students studying in other cities, regional centres or areas such as Adelaide, Perth and Canberra to name a few (a more detailed list is available on the Australian Department of Home Affairs website), will be eligible to extend their work study visa by upto 2 additional years based on their location and course of study. This is a huge benefit for several aspirants to study in Australia.
And also, there is an increase in stay back period for Temporary Graduate VISA applicants from VET sector graduates (Earlier the work period was 18 months), and now this has temporarily been allowed to extend to 24 months
|Study Locations||Regions||Bachelor Degree;||Masters by Coursework & Research||Doctoral Degree|
|2 years||3 years||4 years|
major regional centres
Gold Coast Sunshine Coast,
Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong Hobart
|2 years + 1 year||3 years + 1 year||4 years + 1 years|
other regional areas
|All other locations**||2 years + 2 years||3 years + 2 years||4 years +2 years|
A Stable Growth of Professional Careers:
At the top of the list, and in line with the trend for growth in the areas like cyber security, artificial intelligence, machine learning and data science are the emerging ones, besides medical, care and services sectors have a huge demand for professionals, on a specific note the two mentioned job roles ‘aged and disabled carers’ and ‘registered nurses’ are in demand & expected to grow by 40%. Reflecting on the ongoing reliance on digital technologies, ‘software and applications programmers’ are expected to increase by 30%, or 46,100.
Educational institutions make students work-ready and understand what it takes to succeed in the global workforce. An Australian qualification will make you a very attractive potential employee to employers in Australia, at home and around the world.
The full-time employment rate among graduates of Australian education Institutions have increased from 68.7%-68.9%in 2022, according to the latest national survey on graduates’ outcomes, where graduates are employed four to six months after finishing their studies, as the borders are open and return of international students fill more jobs likely to boost the Australian economy.
When it comes to part-time jobs the minimum wage in Australia is 17 – 25* dollars per hour and can help students cover a good portion of their expenses, including rent and groceries. And also, students have the advantage of working more than 40 hours fortnight as per the temporary work hour relaxation announced by Australia Government.
This is the right time to Study in Australia and grab the wonderful benefits of Australian government & higher education institutions. Contact UniXperts for a Hassle-free process.